Monday, August 24, 2009

New school year, New me

Here I am about to start my 4th year of school, in another new place.  I cant help but think about last year this time, how I was feeling, and where I was, and realize how much I have changed.  Some people may not see a change at all but others see a dramatic one.  Last year I was starting school at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville Texas.  I had just moved there, starting to make new friends, cheering and being optimistic about school.  I knew where I was at in life that I didnt really need to be there, but I was there to make my mom happy and to prove that I could amount to something.  I made friends that will forever be close to me, who were there when it seemed like my world was crashing down, friends that I honestly felt I could be myself with.  I was in college, turning 20 having the time of my life, going out dancing staying up late laughing more then I have ever in my life.  Then I started talking to this guy, and my world as I knew it slowly started to change.  I moved again at the end of the semester, said goodbye to what were social norms to me to take on a new life that seemed so strange and weird.  I wasnt going all that willingly, I didnt like the idea of transferring again, I LOVED Texas, and figured I would be there until I graduated, but I loved him so I knew that no matter what happened, it would be alright because somehow everything always seems to work out.  Now that I look back on last spring in Utah it wasnt all that bad.  It was far from home, and too much of a change for me at once.  A place that in a few years from now I could go back and probably be very happy, but I wasnt grown up enough, things were changing in my life and I wasnt sure if I would be ok with it.  I never have regretted going to Utah, and if I had the chance to change and stay in Texas I still would of chose Utah.  I may have done a few things different while I was there, but going there I wouldnt change.  I was so excited to leave, I knew deep down I wasnt going to go back.  That even if this man that I loved with all my heart was going back, we would somehow make it though if I wasnt there.  I wanted to be back home, I wanted to be with my family and my friends, something that I missed so much out west, that no matter what I did I couldnt get it back.  I didnt miss partying, that was the last thing I missed.  That has never been something that I've enjoyed.  I missed being able to do as I please, and not being "judge" by my decisions.  Thats the one thing I hate the most is someone thinking they know me, judging me.  When they havent really taken the time to get to know me and to know what I am going through.  I changed my life for the better out there and I love the decisions I have made.  I have made some mistakes over the past year, but I am 20 years old, I am young, and I am new at this, I am changing all these aspects of my life.  I am going to make mistakes, but Heavenly Father loves me, and will help me with my flaws and make me a better person with every set back I have He forgives.  So now back to the begining of this post,  I am starting my 4th year of school with probably another year and a half left to go, I wont know until the registrars office finishes finalizing my transcripts.  But I want to go to law school once I graduate, I want to prove to all the people who said I wasnt going to amount to anything that I am.  When I have my mind set I do it. I've been looking at a lot of different schools.  But I plan on graduating from Southern VA, I hate transferring and I never want to do it again.  I am in a place now where I am happy, I am back on the east coast, very close to family and very old friends, with this crazy adorable funny caring man that I love.  No matter what has happened in the past year he has shown me that I can overcome anything.  When he should of critizied he cared and loved.  He has never judged me and is the whole reason why I am heading in this new direction.  

No comments: